How to copy company in NAV
This guide will show you how to copy a company in Dynamics NAV. This is useful if you have some testing that you need to do using your current data.
Note: This function is only available in versions 2013-R2, 2015, 2016 & 2017.
1. Search for “Companies” in the search box and click on the link.
2. Select your company and then click on the “Copy” button in the ribbon.
3. Give the company a new name and then click “OK”.
4. This may take a while. Once done, your new company will appear on the page and contain the same data as the company you copied it from.
5. Once you are finished with the company and no longer need it, the company can easily be deleted. Please note that you must not be in the company you intend to delete or you will get the below message.
To delete the company, simply click on the company that you intend to delete and then click on “Delete” in the ribbon.
6. It will ask you if you are sure. Click “Yes”.
7. It will ask you a final time if you are sure. Click “Yes”.
8. This may take a while. Once completed you will see that the company has now been removed.
Latest posts by Daniel Rose (see all)
- How to copy company in NAV - January 23, 2017
- 7 Things to check when your Dynamics NAV service isn’t running - December 15, 2016
- How to install Dynamics NAV 2009 Client - December 9, 2016